What does it mean to be a “go giver?” Former radio and T.V. news broadcaster, highly sought-after speaker, and the author of the book Endless Referrals, as well as co-author of the bestselling book The Go-Giver, Bob Burg joins me on the show today to share his insight into the sales and marketing challenges that many entrepreneurs face today. Bob shares his story on how his career transformed from working in the newsrooms of radio and television studios to becoming a top-producing sales person in his industry.
He shares the trials and tribulations he has faced throughout his earlier years as a sales associate, and how he leveraged the experience of others to become a better salesman. Bob strongly believes in the 5 Laws of Success and explains why it’s more important for entrepreneurs to focus on the value they provide to their clients instead of the financial gain they can receive from making the sale. His insight, knowledge, and expertise in the sales industry has helped countless entrepreneurs improve their sales and marketing strategy while positively impacting their bottom-line.
“Money is an echo of value.” ? Bob Burg
This Week on the Your Money, Your Business, Your Life Podcast:
- The premise of The Go-Giver book is shifting one’s focus from getting to giving.
- People will buy from you because they believe they will be better off by doing so than by not doing so.
- Temporarily forget about yourself and your self-interests. Focus on the other person.
- By definition, selling is discovering what other people want, need, and desire ? and helping them get it.
- The difference between Cronyism and Free Market Capital.
Bob Burg’s Advice to Entrepreneurs:
- Self-analyze using the 5 Laws of Success.
- Have a noble purpose ? a higher purpose ? than just the money.
- Ask yourself: “Am I adding value to someone else?”
- Evaluate how you are communicating.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Connect with Bob Burg:
Help Others Take Care of Their Money, Their Business, & Their Life!???
Thanks for joining us on this episode of?Your Money, Your Business, Your Life?podcast! If you found the information, tips, and interviews shared in this episode valuable and helpful to managing your money,?your business, and your life, please?check us out on iTunes,?leave a review, and share our show with your friends and colleagues!???
Our mission is to educate entrepreneurs, investors, professionals, and families?on ways to reduce the stress and frustration revolving around?finances, learn what it takes to make more money in less time, and shatter the financial glass ceiling holding them?back from financial freedom.???
Subscribe on iTunes?and leave a review to help us reach more people and inspire others to take control of their financial future.???